the bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: the bag

Postby zj1002 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:58 am

Nope. I'm actually probably going to wait until we get the new Mill stuff at work and then decide if I like the way any if it turned out
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby zj1002 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:27 pm

So after messing around with the new runs of stuff I settled on this. Thoughts on new millennium runs will be at the end.

Putters:
Omega Driver - Putting only
Omega AP 1.11 - Main driving putter, holds every line
Omega AP 1.12 - more stable driving putter, doesn't hold torqued/stall putter shots as well as the 1.11. but better in big wind
Omega SS 1.30 - 8/10. approaches that need to sit next to the basket

Midranges:
CE QMS - main midrange. primarily used on flips or turnovers
S Gremlin - stable midrange. easy to range due to lower glide
DX Gremlin - pure distance midrange. booms
Q Sentinel - overstable mid

Fairway:
Q Polaris LS - stable drives
S FD x2 - one straight, one turn

Distance:
QOLF x2 - 1 beat, 1 straight
S-PD test run x2 - 1 beat, 1 beefy
S-Teerex - 1st run, its a longer OLF to me

I really haven't been playing as much lately and when I do it is the same 3-4 courses which don't require me to change my bag from this. Really trying to stay away from anything faster than speed 11. I either lose them from trying crazy shots or my hit isn't as clean as a lower speed disc. Really the issue is I am still not comfortable throwing speed 12-13, and with being able to throw a QOLF 450ft I really don't see a need.

Next I switched in the S-PD test run's for my other C-PDs. I was fortunate enough to get a used one at work and then get 4 more from DiscJunkie and PabloDiablo. The test mold S-PDs are a better compliment to the QOLF for me. The feel is very similar and I get a better snap on it. They got about the same distance and really don't overlap much. My QOLFs generally track right before fading(if not holding the turn), while the test S-PD will move forward with a nice late fade. Sucks these are OOP but they work for now and I have plenty of backups.

Now onto all the new Millennium runs. The omegas all have the aviar-x nose, which was at first disturbing. They are basically a small bead P2 or "Omega-X" in technical terms. The S-Omega is domey but the colors and grip are nice. I have not thrown it but it feels a lot like how the sP2 molds up, so I assume the flight isn't much different. The Q-Mega is flat and the plastic is "tight/stiff" on the dome. It doesn't have a lot of give on the flight plate and is a really great overstable driving putter. Those looking for a headwind Omega should invest in the new Q-Megas. I won't be using it because I prefer just working angles on straight putters. The AP 1.12 is stable at low speeds but holds straight on 325-350ft shots. The omega SS BB just isn't any different from an regular Omega SS to me. The glide is less which turns me off considering there isn't any added high speed stability. The plastic softer than I want and I already lost a few chunks of the bead(like the full parts of the BB).

I felt some QJLS 1.10 and they are nice and flat similar to the old "QJLS" stamped candy qj's. I didn't throw them but they came out much better than the 1.9 run which had too much dome and were slick. The S-Sentinels are domey and 100% PLUS MOLD. I hear they are stable, but I haven't thrown them yet.

What I look to add/buy for the bag:
170g QJLS 1.10
170g QPLS - stardust. They are stable like the opaque runs so I am happy about this
Aeries - still haven't heard what it will be but I am told it is like a longer QOLF. Now that the Krait is released stock in all weights, my gut tells me this might be close since Millennium seems to using new/popular Innova drivers as their new molds. Then again it might just be a wraith or teerex. Either way if it flies like a longer OLF that is all I want.
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Got 4 170-172g Scorpius on the way

Might result in dropping the teerex
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:20 pm

DX SB Aviar x2 - Basically a dx omega. I like how stiff they are
Omega BB SS - approaches
Omega AP 1.11 - drives

CE QMS
S GM Gremlin
Q-Sentinel San Marino

QJLS x2 - 1 straight, 1 beat. red candy plastic
QPLS

CPD CFR beefy
QOLF x3 - 1 stable, 1 straight, 1 flippy
Teerex - first run
S DD - flippy
S-Scorpius 171g x2 - both in the bag for testing. so far nice and stable. gets great distance.

Dropped the FDs again for the QJs. Decided I was tired of throwing a disc(FD) that was so night and day even when thrown properly. shot well without them. got 55 at MetC yesterday with the changes(its a 1040-1050+ rated round I think). Only using the DX SB aviars because I wanted a stiff putter and they felt a lot like my stiff Omega Driver(while not being as hard to replace)
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Omega AP 1.9 x2
Omega SS BB
Omega AP 1.11

CE QMS
S-Gremlin
SM Q-Sentinel
Stardust Q-Sentinel

QJLS x2 - 1 beat, 1 fresh
QOLS
QOLF 1.2
S-PD test config - FH shots mainly

S-DD x4 - 2 seasoned, 2 brand new. All have "shield" stamp
S-Scorpius - pure D goodness

Overloaded at DDs but only because I'm trying to work on my distance driver game. I can unload on speed 9 stuff but my hit with wider rims is weaker than I want. I've settled on these runs of DD for now. These older runs season so nicely and are easy to range
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:26 am

Changed it up a bit. Been working with different putters and mids in practice. Going to stick with this setup for Players Cup

P-P2 x2 - putting and hyzer approaches
Omega SS - main approach putter
Omega AP 1.12 - driving putter

CE QMS
S Gremlin
Star SM Roc
Q Sentinel SM

QJLS - flat to turnover
QPLS - hyzers to flips
QOLS - flips and long rollers
QOLF 1.2 x2 - 1 beefy, 1 straight
SPD test config - FH shots

S-DD x2 - 1 beefy, 1 seasoned
CFR Champion Teerex x2 - 1 beat, 1 fresh. almost like a long QOLF
S-Scorpius - pure distance

Working with the P2s for now. The choice was made because of the winds on the course at Players Cup. I don't want to be questioning my Omega APs into a headwind.

Bit overloaded on drivers but the Players Cup course(TP Crown) is all about getting controlled driver shots so I need to be ready. The beefy S-DD is my most overstable driver. Mainly for headwinds. The beat up S-DD is for long flips and turnovers. The Teerex's are for longer OLF shots. These are the regular mold, not X. Scorpius is longer than the rest but I will only be using it on very long shots where I need to get out to 480-500ft.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby haier2 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:07 pm

I enjoyed reading this post as your bag is very similar to mine.

I have a D-P2 I bought back when I was putting with JKs and I really like it even matched up with my Omegas, I may switch to it altogether with the new Omegas being Omega-Xs. So you weren't a fan of the KC P2? I've looked into them hoping they would be similar to my dear Omega Drivers.

How do you like the Gremlin with your lineup? I throw a QMS, Roc, and threw an older Sentinel until I decided it wasn't holding its slot as a wind mid, and had to put my FLX drone back in the bag. I'm about to order a D-Gremlin because I think it may work in the bag.

A beat M-JLS for my flat-turnover-roller and a QJLS for stability instead of the QOLS and QPLS. Two QOLFs for me as well, one seasoned and one newer.

My Destroyers were removed by my Quasars, and then my Quasars removed by S-Scorpius. I want to try my Astra as a roller but my home course doesn't really work for rollers.

Kind of crazy how similar they are ha
haier2
Noob

Favorite Disc: Omega Driver

Postby zj1002 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah my bag has pretty much been a revolving door of the same discs

What I go with really depends on the course and what I've been focusing practice on

I really like the KC P2s, but the LSS was more than my KC Aviars. They dumped out sooner than I wanted. They have the concave P&A wing that add more stability. I've been driving with them to slowly break them in. I'm pretty sure I'm always going to rotate between Omega AP, KC Aviar, and d/KC p2s as my putters. Just a new putter confidence thing.

Same goes for the gremlin, fun disc I just don't always need it. The D-lines are fun to throw they just won't last here in Texas so I can't throw it much. Ive been throwing Rocs again so the GM and Sentinel are out of the bag again. The new 12x rocs are the best I've felt since 11x rocs. Got a trio of 180g PINK KC rocs I'm buying tomorrow. A low glide mid like the GM works great when I use the QMS/Sent, but not when I have Roc/QMS

Still waiting on a speed 11 Millenium driver...until then I'll keep rotating wraith, trex, and DD
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:07 pm

And after that here's the setup I actually ended up using at PC

12x KC Pro Aviar - main putter. Swirly pale purple 172g
3x Yeti Pro Aviar - long putts, drives, FH approach
Omega SS - touch shots
Omega AP 1.11 - straight/turn drives

QMS x2
12x KC Pro Roc
06 Champ Roc

QJLS x2 - 1 beat, 1 stable
QOLF x2 - 1 beat, 1 stable
QOLS - rollers, turns

S-DD x3 - 2 beat, 1 fresh
S-Scorpius - straight distance
Q-Scorpius - new, stable
C-PD2 - beat but still crazy crazy stable

Very driver heavy for PC. Worked well and stuck to my gameplan. If I made the crucial putts to win/push just 4 holes I'd of doubled my $$&
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby haier2 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Do you find a major distance gap between the Scorpius and Orion LF? I only ask because that speed disc for me has been a kind of no mans land for a while.

And if you don't mind- where are the pink KC rocs coming from? My beat roc is a pepto bismol colored 12x roc and I've never been able to find another one like it.

Good to know about the P2, that was the only issue I had with my D-P2. I've even gone out and thrown it against walls and trees on purpose and it still has a bit too much LSS. I can only imagine that KC pro plastic would make that even more dramatic.
haier2
Noob

Favorite Disc: Omega Driver

Postby zj1002 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 pm

QOLF is for 350-450 depending on line

Scorpius is 450-500+ depending on line

I'm rarely trying to go longer, never have a hole that asks for that big of a shot. I can power both down pretty easy.

Pink KCs come from work(disc nation). Those didn't make it past the staff this time around
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:47 am

And thanks to booter my midrange lineup now will look like this

QMS x2 - 1 CE, 1 beat opaque Q
P-MD2 - new run. stiff and stable, flies like a KC Roc with more LSS. Is actually better in wind than the C-MD2, despite being a straighter disc
C-MD2 - flat, pearly, stiff, stable. Best run of C-MD2 since the proto usdgc stuff.
Champion Roc 06 eye - overlaps with MD2 but holds spike hyzers better than the MD2(which flattens out, better at sweep hyzers)
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Well putters changed again. But back to an old friend

KC P2 x2 - both 171g from new stock run
Omega AP 1.11
Omega SS 1.30

CE QMS
QMS - new stardust stock
CMD2 x2 - 1 flat pearly, 1 opaque

QJLS x2
QOLF x2 - really working on learning to power these down. The new runs handle it really well
QOLS

S-DD x2 - 1 beat, 1 new
Q-Scorpius
C-PD2
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Well here is how I have it set up for 2013

McPro P&A Big Bead x2 - basically a KC pro big bead omega. best putters I have ever used.
Omega SS 1.30
Omega SS BB 2.1

CE QMS x2 - 1 seasoned, 1 stable
Roc3
05 Champion Rancho Roc

QJLS x2
QOLFx3
QOLS

Q-Scorpius x2 - 1 seasoned, 1 new(mainly for seasoning into the rotation)
S-Scorpius x2 - 1 seasoned, 1 new bottom stamped.

Bit of an overlap with the 4 Scorpius but I have my reasons. The Q-Scorpius start out with less stability than the Sirius, making them easier to manipulate. They are also flatter and hold hyzer flips better because of this. The stock stamp S-Scorpius is probably my favorite. The plastic is stiff and it has a nice dome making it great for long flat hyzers. The bottom stamped S-Scorpius has loads of LSS. Really nice poppy top that gives it tons of glide, definitely different from the stock run. It basically flies like a seasoned S-PD2 meaning I could drop the PD2 unless I had 30mph winds.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:58 am

McPro P&A Big Bead x2
Omega SS 1.30
Omega SS BB 2.1

CE QMS x2 - 1 seasoned, 1 fresh
Aurora MF 2.1 - bought one in a used bin just for fun. Ended up really like it, I would love to see this brought back in premium plastic. Its like a stable buzzz, that can work lines
Champion Roc - 05 flying eye

QJLS x2 - super flat candy run. 1 seasoned, 1 stable
QOLF 1.2 - seasoned, hold flips/turns. domey clear Q run
QOLF 1.2 - main driver, holds every line. flat opaque orange
QOLF 1.3 - new stable QOLF for long hyzers. purple stardust
CPD - flat 1st run CFR for utility shots

Q Scorpius - flat and holds long turnovers, flips
S Scorpius x2 - 1 beefy, 1 straight
zj1002
metroid cannon

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion