Sonic's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Sonic's Bag

Postby SonicDG » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:06 pm

JR or anybody can give their two cents here. I'm currently looking for discs at would be good for upshots and approaches, I don't want to beat up my wizards too much cause they're just used for putting.

I use to thrown Pro Rhynos but they have become too expensive to get ahold of.

I was thinking Opto Pures, HPP Evo Wizard, or something along those lines. I like something a little overstable so it won't turnover unless I put it on an anny line. May use it from the tee as well so trying to find something in a durable plastic.

Thanks guys!
SonicDG
Noob

Re: Sonic's Bag

Postby Stringbean » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:32 pm

I've been using an opto pure, 176 grams. Was a little too stable at first but now that the flashing has worn away it is perfect. It was money today on all of my upshots. Also have heard great things about the Judge. I believe it is similar to the Pure but with a bead.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Re: Sonic's Bag

Postby JR » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:44 am

Since you know the Rhyno a clear Champion soft Rhyno will break into straighter but much slower than the Pro and much faster than harder opaque Champs and Stars. The Opto Pure is a double edged sword in that it is so straight it is a vice when you want it to bend to the left or right quickly. OTOH the Rhyno is not gonna turn right quickly either unless it is a FH for which it is fine. Since Wizards are fine with tighter turns they should be used for those so a durable Wiz might be a necessary addition. Since you are a Wizard thrower a HPP might suffice. Sole would work and if hard Judges are like new soft Judges they would work too.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion