tell me what you think

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: tell me what you think

Postby JR » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:07 am

Opto for drives for longer and anny putts a softer plastic. And if pushing through anny or hyzer is not a problem Pure is golden for driving with.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fenrir » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Putters
2x Excel clutch-170g new trying um out for putting
pro d challenger-171g putting and some tee stuff if its not to long
cryztal z challenger-173g off the tee

Mids
X comet-178g new but I already love it (also its pink)
dx roc-177g starting to get seasoned nicely still no real turn yet
2x dx flat top roc-177-176g new and real sweet
dx glow roc-177g used for more overstable stuff
sure grip demon-175g super overstable stuff

Drivers
3x Z preds-168g 169g 174g one is starting to get nicely seasoned the other is new and the heavy one is for hard headwind
Dx eagle x-170g newer but already has some turn
Star eagle x-170g super workable
opto river-171g turns real nice
gold line river-172g a bit more stable good for flip to flat shots

max d
dx destroyer-168g beat to snot but i like it
Pro destroyer-168g new and it almost feels like r-pro
Champ destroyer-167g new as well

utility stuff
champ sidewinder-165g overhead shots that i need to flip and come down fast and rollers

Now with getting into eagles my question is do I still need the rivers? I kind of feel like I can get the job done with a sorta used dx one so I'm just trying to beat it in till it gets there.

P.S. I did this update on my phone so sorry for anything not looking/being spelled right
Challenger-Comet-Roc-Eagle x-Leopard-Predator
Fenrir
Noob

Favorite Disc: z buzzz

Postby JR » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:20 am

Rivers have the edge in distance and have a lower power requirement per distance. Overall it is straighter than the Eagle at least until you wear a DX EX to straighter and hyzer flip that to flat then there might be a competition.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Fenrir » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:55 pm

ya I went and played a round today and found myself still grabbing the rivers so for now I'll keep um in, although for me they don't go that much farther unless i have a ceiling.
as of right now I'm doing
200-250 with putters
250-280 with rocs maxing at maybe 300
280-320 with fairways maxed about 350-380 if i get lucky
325-380 with destroyers maybe 400 if i get it just right
strangely i seem to be able to throw farther on the course then in the field, i think it must be a mental thing like i can see a target and go for it, where as in the soccer field by my house I only have the goal to go for.
Fenrir
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:23 am

I throw farther on average on the field too but oddly enough i can pull rabbits out of the hat on the course when i really concentrate. The River is an odd disc with the power requirement and the distance. It has a discontinuity point for me at least in distance. I am only one short plateau above you in distance and i match your results on an off day, when i'm not warmed up or don't have an almost or perfect execution. When i'm off My Rivers despite the plastic fade off too early reaching 370-380'. Usually i cannot feel the difference between a 370' and a 400' River shot but a 410' feels like a great pull. The great thing about the River is that even at 370' it is competing but losing for the straightest flight there is out to that distance only losing out to the outlandishly good rips with Star Leopards maxing out there or 10' more with a Champ. the only thing straighter is to throw lower without any margin of error for the height.

Even with a ceiling the River is among if not the longest fairway driver thanks to the glide at least for my power. It may not hold altitude as magically at your power or stay flat as long. If there's a ceiling and the River can't reach it and the throw needs to be as straight as possible there's only one choice and it is the third kind of Beast in non DX plastic. AKA the current and a year and a half back manufactured Beasts.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Fenrir » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:55 pm

So now that winter is over and I'm starting to get out there again I'm looking at my bag and seeing a few things.
1 I like the clutchs but don't really like the excel plastic so I'm gonna get 2 in portage
2 as much as I like the flight of Rivers I hate the plus style rim so I'm gonna need something else
3 I put my star ex in a pond so I need I replace it do I go with star or champ?
4 I still feel like I need something in between eagles and destroyers

My other thought is to get a tsunami in base line and beat it in and get ex in dx and beat them in to replace rivers.

Also sorry for any misspellings or grammar errors I did this on my phone
Thanks for your help
Fenrir
Noob

Postby JR » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Eagles are always iffy because they vary. Beast is a step beyond the River with more speed, distance, HSS and LSS. Can you cope with that? If not maybe breaking in a P PD could make it straighter. I heard that recent ones aren't made in harder driver Pro) so they won't last that long.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Fenrir » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:47 am

The first driver I ever had was a dx beast but that was 3 years ago and I've heard the mold has changed.
The reason I've stayed away from the pd is the plus rim my buddy has then as his workhorse driver and they are nice but the rim thing gets in my head.
Is there a list of all the discs that have plus rims?
Fenrir
Noob

Postby Fenrir » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:18 pm

I was looking at the Northmen by westside but I'm unsure if westside has plus rims
Fenrir
Noob

Postby JR » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:51 am

DX Beasts won't stay straight to 400' unlike the changed Beasts. Northmen aren't plus rimmed but i heard that someone here has a very flippy Northman. I haven't bought those in some time now so i have no clue how they fly these days.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Fenrir » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:53 am

Ok so beasts it is then I put some in my next order
Fenrir
Noob

Postby cubeofsoup » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 am

I have a GL Northman and it is flipppppyyy as all hell. TP might be different, don't count on it though.
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby Fenrir » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Time to do an update
I haven't bought anything new mold wise but I'm back on
Challenger
Comet roc demon
Leopard eagle x predator
Need a mold here I think
Destroyer

Other then this I think I may get a under stable putter for longer/jump putts
How stable are the olf's? I know JR said beasts but I felt my buddy's and it just didn't feel that good plus I don't know what style the rim was.
Anyway any info helps thanks
Fenrir
Noob

tell me what you think

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:34 pm

I just started throwing a Lucid Escape in that in-between slot and love it. If you can throw your Eagles out to 325', Escapes should work well. They fly like a Champ Valk with more glide.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fenrir » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:59 pm

I'll see if I can borrow one and try it out
Fenrir
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion