ChuckinPutters Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

ChuckinPutters Bag

Postby ChuckinPutters » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 3+ Years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, Some Utility RHFH, Learning a thumber.
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Ion: 250/290'; Roc: 305/345'; Teebird: 350/380'; Destroyer: 395/430'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Messed up my rotator's cuff in June.
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball, Basketball, Football
Additional Information: I can't stop buying new plastic
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I like that I found some new disc that I like. I dislike that I think I have too many molds.
Specific areas of desired feedback: I want to add some finishing touches or remove unneccesary plastic.
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to work on my accuracy. I have quite a bit of distance, but need to start parking 300-350 holes like it's nothing.

Bag:

Max D Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
175 Star Destroyer, (Almost brand new) - Perfectly straight one
170 Star Destroyer, (beat) - Turns over but comes back
170 Champ Destroyer, (new) - Most overstable one
175 Pro Destroyer, (new) - Turns over, never comes back

Fairways/Control Drivers:
168 11x Champ Teebird, (seasoned) - Sometimes turns over but comes back (inconsistent)
170 DX Teebird, (beat) - Hyzer Flips... me gusta
168 Opto River, (new) - Understable, just got it. I LOVE IT!!!!!
172 Z Predator, (new) - Utility

Mids:
175 DX Roc x3, (new, seasoned, beat) - new: straight to hyzer, seasoned: straight to anny, beat: anny, hyzer flips
180 KC Roc x2 (both seasoned) - nice hyzer lines
177 X Comet (brand new) - just picked it up to help work on form. How exactly do I use the Comet to work on form?

Putters:
175,168 Soft Proton Ion x2, (new) - Heavy for Driving, Light is main putter
172 Soft Eclipse Anode x2, (new) - Not sure what to do with these but I love them. How do you use them?

This will be my thread to hold the evolution of my bag. We will see how it goes.
Once again, How exactly do I use the Comet to help with form? Thanks!
ChuckinPutters
Noob

Favorite Disc: Volt

Re: ChuckinPutters Bag

Postby JR » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:57 am

Hi and welcome.
Using the Comet on every line to as far out as you can should help. Ideally you want to have no turn out of a new one ripped at full power but X plastic ones have individuals that can turn when new at your great power for your age. Using that Comet you could well do with just a new and used Roc and shelve the rest. KC would be better for winds so maybe a new KC and beat DX. Although KC/Comet could work too. Anode is a straighter finishing Ion while driving so lasers are the best lines for it. Neither the Ion and the Anode turn quickly to the right or hook around obstacles in the fade. Because the KC won't hook hard you'd have to go up to the Pred for hard left finishes but it skips more than a slower flying mid does and it can be an issue for placement especially around OB and cliffs. Gator is a great overstable mid but not for long in DX so a Star or a Champ would last longer in the utility overstable role. And FH it can handle some pretty tight right turns too so maybe you don't need an understable putter. Your drivers look fine otherwise but if you want more distance it is available from faster discs. If the Ion drives well for you maybe it is enough for you as long as you can power down the Roc in winds for similar distances.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: ChuckinPutters Bag

Postby ChuckinPutters » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks JR!
ChuckinPutters
Noob

Favorite Disc: Volt

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion