In the bag ~ Whatcha think?

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

In the bag ~ Whatcha think?

Postby KMoney » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:36 pm

I go to Winthrop U, so I love saying that Winthrop Gold is my backyard haha
Ok, so here's what I carry at the moment:

DISTANCE
175 *Destroyer ~Pre-Avery Destroyer that's my go-to distance driver.
175 *Destroyer ~AJ Destroyer that's beat in more than the Pre-Avery, glides farther but finishes with a bigger hyzer
175 *Destroyer ~S/DS Destroyer that comes out in FIERCE headwinds. This thing can take any wind and then some! Put one in your bag!
171 *Destroyer ~AJ Destroyer that's flippy, comes out on max distance shots like a Nuke would...
174 Z Surge ~Newer, always keep a fresh one! Soft controlled hyzers to straight shots, has a cool ultra-grip
174 Z Surge ~Used back up to the ultra-grip Surge. Flies dead straight
174 ESP Surge ~Flippy controlled distance shots that need to bend around trees and come back for some longer shots.

UTILITY DISCS
175 *Firebird-L ~Utility disc. Spike hyzers, flick shots, tommys/thumbers, Great wind disc with a consistant finish
175 Champ Valkryie ~Turnover shots, hyzer flips in the woods, rollers even, my only understable driver that does it all

FAIRWAYS
164 Champ Eagle (11x) ~This is my go-to control driver. Does what I want it to do, straight hyzer or turnover
175 Champ Teebird (11x) ~very nice flat top on this one! Use this for shorter flick approaches within 250 ft.
175 Champ Teebird ~very domey Teebird with great glide, low ceiling shots that finish right off a skip
175 Champ Teebird ~plus mold Teebird that I trust the most to finish straight and then predictably hyzer skip
166 Champ Teebird ~Used for downhill shots that need to glide for days

MIDRANGES
174 *San Marino Roc ~Overstable Roc,
180 KC Pro Roc ~Overstable Roc that can take all the power I give it, and continues to hyzer even in a headwind!
180 KC Pro Roc ~Slightly overstable Roc, straight in a headwind
176 Dx Roc ~This Roc goes straight as an arrow, enough said
180 Glow Roc ~Slightly understable, turns over gradually
174 E Demon ~Goes right, enough said. Sooo overstable! Flick to get out of trouble, rollers, spike midrange approaches
168 Champ Panther ~Turnover midrange, release it flat and it holds a nice smooth anhyzer line it's entire flight. "Righty holes" beware

PUTTERS
172 JK Pro Aviar-X ~My main putter (yellow), my first putter and my baby haha consistent hyzer putts
172 JK Pro Aviar-X ~Backup putter (white), would love to find another yellow one! $$$
175 JK Pro Aviar-X ~slightly overstable and used for all approaches within 150 ft. besides crazy Zone shots, soft hyzer-almost-straight drives too
172 Soft Wizard ~broken in and is my straight driving putter
166 ESP Zone ~Used for headwind, hyzer approaches, flick to get out of trouble too
KMoney
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Re: In the bag ~ Whatcha think?

Postby Flipflat » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:07 pm

That's a whole lotta discs
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby KMoney » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:12 pm

True that haha Gotta bring a bunch on this course, being prepared for anything haha
KMoney
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Flipflat » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:14 pm

hey, you need 'em, then you need 'em heavy bag tho
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby JR » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:32 am

Welcome. That looks like a good bag if the most overstable Destro handles all the winds you'll encounter.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion