Help a noobs bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Help a noobs bag

Postby reedy212 » Wed May 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Hey guys I've played for about 2 years now maybe 2-3 rounds a year. Hoping to take it a little more seriously this year I was hoping you wouldn't mind giving suggestions on discs I should look into getting. I'm also not hip to the jargon so I'm writing what ever Is on the discs so bear with me.
Current bag:
JLS by Millenium ? (Found this at a garage sale) use about 90%of all distance shots
#1 flyer from lightening discs. Rarely used bought it for a fun round when my discs weren't with me
Destroyer by Innova not used often. Doesn't fly as far as the Jls and tends to dive hook too much
Finally challenger by disccraft as my putt approach

Anything glaringly missing? I appreciate the help
reedy212
Noob

Favorite Disc: JLS

Re: Help a noobs bag

Postby JR » Wed May 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Welcome. You lack a midrange disc and i suggest an Innova Coyote. And nothing more at this point. It is better to learn few discs to see how your technique changes the flight. That way you have a measuring stick against which to measure your progress and you learn to control discs to make them fly on several flight lines. Valuable skill to tackle any course.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Help a noobs bag

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu May 16, 2013 7:16 pm

What he said.

How far do you throw the JLS?

I would say throw the JLS exclusively and add something slightly faster like a Teebird or Eagle once you can get it to 300'. That, and add a midrange (like a champ Coyote - look for one with less dome) and keep your putter.

The #1 Flyer and Destroyer are probably not going to do you any good at this point.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion