Neural_Blaze's 2013 Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Neural_Blaze's 2013 Bag

Postby NeuralBlaze » Sun May 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Howdy everyone!

For 2013 my bag is staying mainly with PDs and Rivers for drivers, mainly MVP for mids, and a mix of JOKERi and Anode for putting duties, aside from my RFF Wizard. I have a King and a Sword in the mail for experimenting with faster discs, and a third driver mold to compliment the PD/River setup. I'm thinking something slightly shorter like a Leopard or FD, but I may just experiment with some Opto Rivers, and different weights/plastics of PDs and Rivers. I'm thinking some 15Xg PDs and 165g Opto Rivers.

Please let me know any suggestions or gaps you see in my bag!

Thanks for reading,
Neural_Blaze

Stable Drivers

172g C-Line PD Freak - Wine - 9/10 - Stable to overstable, PLH slightly higher than P-PDs, lower than S-PD
158g S-Line PD Freak - Yellow - 9/10 - Stable, highest PLH
167g P-Line PD Freak - White - 8/10 - Starting to get a little turn as it wears in

Control / Fairway Drivers
174g Gold Line River - Silver Swirl - 9/10 - I used this disc to try out "tuning" a disc by bendng the rim. It has a good bit of high speed turn when powered but still fades back reliably as it slows down.
170g Test Run River - Yellow - 7/10 - This River lost most of it's high speed stability as it wore in. I'll probably experiment with an Opto river or a Champion Leopard in this slot.

Specialty Drivers
177g Star Firebird - Blue - 7/10 - Still a meat hook
170g Neutron Amp - Pink - 10/10 - I wanted to try out one of MVP's drivers in my usual Roadrunner slot. Needs more experimenting, but I'm certainly not disappointed.

Understable Mid
171g Gold Line Fuse - Purple - I still need to throw this more

Stable / Overstable Mid
177g Vector - Pink - 9/10 - I'll probably try something more overstable if I ever lose this, but it does what I need a stable mid to do

Neutral / Stable Mid
177g Axis - Pink - 9/10 - Still awesome for straight shots, hasn't lost any HSS yet

Putters
175g Premium JOKERi - Pink - Dead straight when powered, not as much fade as I expected
176g FR Basic JOKERi - White - 9/10 - Still love this for stable approach shots, forehand approaches, putting, excellent grip
174g Medium Anode - Pink - 8/10 - Used more for driving and long approaches, feels like a shorter Axis.
175g RFF Wizard - White - 8/10 Amazing for putts and approaches that need to stick

Bag
Fade Gear Crunch Box
Last edited by NeuralBlaze on Tue May 21, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard // JOKERi // Anode // Fuse // Axis // Vector // Firebird // Amp // River // PD
NeuralBlaze
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Re: Neural_Blaze's 2013 Bag

Postby NeuralBlaze » Mon May 20, 2013 10:29 am

I'm adding a 165g Opto River to replace the test run River and a 173-175g CFR Glow Bear C-PD and moving my 172g C-PD to backup duties.

Also adding a Pro-D Zone to mess around with a slow, overstable disc, as I think having two JOKERis in the bag is redundant.
Wizard // JOKERi // Anode // Fuse // Axis // Vector // Firebird // Amp // River // PD
NeuralBlaze
Noob

Postby NeuralBlaze » Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm

Somebody criticize my noobish bag! Still waiting for my Glow C-PD and Opto River, Tried out the Sword and I really like it, and the King is waiting for my next round at Roland or Buchmiller.

Stable Drivers
173g Tournament Sword - 300-350 ft straight shots with late forward fade, liking a lot after one round
172g C-Line PD Freak - Wine - 10/10 - Moving to backup slot, replacing with 173+g Glow C-PD 2013 Euro Open
158g S-Line PD Freak - Yellow - 9/10 - Stable, highest PLH, starting to lose a bit of HSS
167g P-Line PD Freak - White - 8/10 - Will hold a 250-300ft anhyzer line to the ground

Control / Fairway Drivers
174g Gold Line River - Silver Swirl - 9/10 - My GL Rivers seem do do a lot of the same things my P-PD will with less effort or less distance, still not sure if it's overlap or complement
165g Opto River - In the mail
170g Test Run River - Yellow - 7/10 - Very understable, may replace with a Roadrunner. Makes me feel cool only throwing four driver molds though...

Overstable Driver
177g Star Firebird - Blue - 7/10 - <3

Understable Mid
171g Gold Line Fuse - Purple - trying to throw this more, good for a 250-300 ft anhyzer

Stable / Overstable Mid
177g Vector - Pink - 9/10 - I'm getting really well controlled 200-250 ft forehands with my Vector

Neutral / Stable Mid
177g Axis - Pink - 9/10 - I'm not finding too big of a gap between this and my Rivers and PDs

Putters
175g Premium JOKERi - Pink - Really grippy for Champ/Z/Opto style plastic. Starting to get a feel for how much hyzer this needs to fade under 200 ft.
176g FR Basic JOKERi - White - 9/10 - Pulled my RFF Wizard for a round and didn't miss it much. I really like Prodiscus' tacky base plastic.
174g Medium Anode - Pink - 8/10 - This may move to the car / backpack. Awesome for one disc rounds but I don't find myself reaching for it much, the JOKERis have most of the Anode's shots covered between forehand and backhand.
NeuralBlaze
Noob

Postby JR » Tue May 21, 2013 8:33 pm

I'd stop buying new molds for a good while since you already have great discs and some overlap is inevitable so you need to figure out which ones work the best and which discs to drop so that no gaps are left.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby NeuralBlaze » Tue May 21, 2013 9:06 pm

I think I'll heed that advice, I shouldn't have to get any more plastic for a while, especially since I have spares/workable substitutes for most everything.
NeuralBlaze
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion