The Bag that The Tally Builds

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

The Bag that The Tally Builds

Postby soupdeluxe » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Hey All
I am going to try an experiment this year and see where the results lead me. So my wife just purchased me a bag that holds 20 + discs. I have this thing stuffed to the gills with all the usual suspects to cover the conditions found while playing. I am one of those people that brings everything just in case so I end up carrying a lot. I have noticed that regardless of conditions I throw about 90% of my shots with 4 or 5 discs. To be fair I have some duplicates of these discs that are worn in to a different stability that I carry making the total around 10 plus a couple of putters. What I plan to do is write down all my discs and put a tally next to them when I throw them. It should not take long for a pattern to develop. The discs that get little use will go in as conditions dictate and the ones that get less than that will get donated or replaced with something I would actually use. Have any of you ever tried this to build your bags? Its a bit of a weight thing, a bit of a pain in the ass to pull discs out of a stuffed bag thing, and just a do more with less thing.
SD
soupdeluxe
Noob

Favorite Disc: XD

Re: The Bag that The Tally Builds

Postby discmonkey42 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:18 pm

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. Make sure and post back to let us know how it went. I'd be interested to know the impact on your scores once you whittle your bag down a bit.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby JR » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:33 am

I have heard of many people doing this and liking the results and paring down the number of the discs. I cycle often to the course and like to carry only a little stuff so i make do with a putter a mid or tow and a couple of drivers if the weather is not bad. What i really use mostly in good weather is four sometimes even three discs.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby soupdeluxe » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:17 pm

I'm not sure this will effect my score one bit as I would be carrying only the discs I normally use. Just no dead weight which I guess could have an impact on scores on long courses in extreme weather?
I used to be ( before I took up this game) a rabid fly fisherman. You should have seen the vest I would lug around with boxes 6+ full of flies as well as all the other gadgets, just in case. I think that this obsession to have everything and the kitchen sink is how I am wired. Wife and I have been watching a show called "Neat" where the host goes around and clears out peoples houses of all the clutter and extras that are never or seldom used. In a rare moment of self introspection I realized this needed to happen at my home and with the disc golf bag. We will see if a 47 year old can change if nothing else.
SD
soupdeluxe
Noob

Favorite Disc: XD

Postby JR » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Good luck with that.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion