Uncle B's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Uncle B's Bag

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat May 10, 2014 6:08 pm

I went out today and threw some more. Getting more consistent with my bag and my Truths are for sure giving me some Fairway type Distance. Was getting them out to 330ft to 340ft today with a good smooth rip. I had a smile come to my face. So I can't really find any 170 Classic Truth's so I guess I'll have to go with 2 175 Orange ones.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby JTdisc » Sun May 11, 2014 8:14 am

Nice man. That certainly explains why you don't have much need for fairways!
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun May 11, 2014 6:42 pm

JTdisc wrote:Nice man. That certainly explains why you don't have much need for fairways!

Thanks man.

This disc is just awesome. Best Mid I've ever thrown,next to a Roc and a Comet. I really think it's the combination of the speed and glide that cause this puppy to go so far.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Mon May 12, 2014 12:22 am

How do the Comets compare distance wise to the Truths? How far do you throw each?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon May 12, 2014 1:15 pm

JR wrote:How do the Comets compare distance wise to the Truths? How far do you throw each?

Comets I can get pretty far,but only if I have room. I would have to say about 310ft average with them and can power them down good too.

I went with the Rocs because of the Stability of them and different flights of them when worn. My Rocs go as far as my Comets. Well not a brand new one one,but once worn in a Roc goes just as far.

The Truth's out do both of them in distance.Once I get the Classics it will be an easy transition from Roc to Truth. In my head the classics will have similar lines as my 11x KC Pro's they will just go farther

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Tue May 13, 2014 1:06 am

I get the Comets out farther than i get any kind of Rocs. 10-15' on average.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:59 pm

JR wrote:I get the Comets out farther than i get any kind of Rocs. 10-15' on average.

Yeah man if you hit em just right they can bomb.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Wed May 14, 2014 5:57 pm

I was watching a Tourney today and was watching the Pro's doing full on run up into an X-Step on these 500ft holes. I studied how they did it and when they transitioned into an X-Step.

Well first few throws was terrible. I had so much OAT in my throw I could have poured milk on it and had it for breakfast. But with failure there is success. I finally figured out my OAT issues with this throw and started getting my Beasts out to the 410ft+ mark and was getting my PD's out to 410ft.

I also took that final feel of the transition and was able to put it into my 4-Step X-Step. I was throwing my Rocs and Truth much much more accurately and with more power. I had to tone it down just a bit.

Almost had 2 aces today after I figured out this. Hit chains on one and hit the basket on the other. If it wasn't so dang hot out there today I would have stayed longer,but all in all I had a pretty successful learning day today.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed May 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Your maximum distance should increase the moment you hit the first perfect throw.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat May 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Monday I'm going to this one course where it requires some Fairway type drives. It will be a good day to test my theory that a Truth can work as a Fairway Driver. I'll let you guys know how it goes

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sat May 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Whoops. Double post.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sat May 17, 2014 11:16 pm

That should be intetesting. I would really like to know well it is workable hyzer flat anny mild and tight tilts and which way is easier to make it turn laterally and does it push straight despite angle or turn immediately.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Sun May 18, 2014 4:20 pm

I had some things come up due to the stinkin work schedule changing,but I still plan on doing what I was saying before about using the Truth as a Fairway. I should be out on the course soon.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:18 pm

I didn't get to make to the course I wanted to try out the Truth for you there JR.

I did however get to make it to the Local course for some good ol fashioned wide opened rips at the hole that is 468ft.

I think me learning that new X-Step has helped me out a ton in getting some extra ooomph on my Destroyers and Terns. These were the distances I was getting.

PD's - P-PD's was averaging about 395ft. The C-Line and S-Line was right behind it. I'm guessing it was at least 390ft.

Beasts were getting me out to 405ft to 410ft. Longest rip was a good perfect throw. I hit it for 425ft.

Damn Destroyers were killin it. I was hitting them around the 415ft to 425ft mark. All Destroyers are a Star,Champion,Blizzard and Pro. I was having more Success with the Star and Pro. When I hit the Blizzard just right it was furthest flying. Really enjoy the feel of the Destroyers.

Terns were hitting the same mark as the Destroyers but I really had to focus on keeping the nose down a ton. Had some good rips and some terrible ones. One drive I had with my Champion Tern was a on a rope throw to 420ft. It felt awesome.

I have trouble with jump putts when they are out of my Jump Range,so I've been focusing on this really light nose up approach shot. Made a few and really whiffed on a few.

All in all it was a good learning day. Especially since the Destroyers were killing it for me. If I can start hitting these lines and distance all the time. I may put them in the bag again for just those big drives and the Star Tern for big Turnovers. I know it will go against my minimalist approach,but I was really feeling good with those drives today.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Tue May 20, 2014 12:17 am

With the added oomph you should field test the Truth for distance.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion