Uncle B's Other Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Uncle B's Other Bag

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:12 pm

Distance Drivers
175 Innova Champion Tern
167 Innova Champion Tern
167 Innova G-Star Tern
167 Innova Star Tern

Control/Fairway Drivers
175 Discraft Ti Stalker
167 Discraft Elite Z Stalker

175 Discraft Elite Z Zombee

Midranges
175 Discraft Elite Z Comet
175 Discraft ESP Comet
175 Innova Champion Roc3

Putters
175 Dynamic Discs Classic Blend Judge(x3)
175 Discraft ESP Zone
175 Discraft Pro D Zone

Utility
175 Latitude 64 Gold Line XXX
Last edited by UncleBrother2001 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destroyer|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Roc|Suspect|Judge

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Re: Uncle B's Other Bag

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:31 pm

This bag is mainly just used for no wind days or just days with a small breeze. I like it because it forces me to use these 2 drivers in different ways and I can focus on using my Comets more where in my other bag I would be using my Wizards for certain drives. a lot of my stuff is similar with the only difference being I don't drive with putters and I power down and rely on a forehand more(which I still have trouble with 15 years later lol). Before I got my Judges my main putting putters with this bag were Wizards,but I really like Judges now so I roll with them.

I use a 3 finger grip for basically every drive in my other bag. In this one I'm still using a 3 finger grip for power shots,but on the Comets when I need control I use a Climo Grip. Normally I would be using the Wizard for these shots due to their accuracy,but the Climo grip make my Comets throw pretty similar to the Wizard and keeps me more familiar with the Climo Grip. I also use the Climo Grip when I need to power down my drivers,you can still throw it hard,but you will have more control with just a little less distance.Works pretty good for me.

Uses of the bag
The Champion Terns are fairly straight forward. I have a Heavy one for forehands and hyzer shots and my lighter one is for just really straight bombs with some solid fade at the end.

The G-Star and Star Terns are a pretty good combo too. The G-Star does very well for S-Shots and hyzerflips and the Star is for big turnover bombs and long rollers.

The Stalkers are the same disc but 2 different animals. The Heavy Ti is very beefy and is great for forehands and hyzer shots with great fade and the Elite Z is good for Straight shots,S-Shots,Turnovers and Rollers.

The Zombee is more of an inbetween on my Stalkers and my Midranges. It's a very easy to throw disc and easy to manipulate,hyzer,straight,anhyzer it has you covered. It throws like a faster farther Buzzz. I think it's a great disc for those inbetween shots and is often overlooked because of the buzzz.

My Comets are used as my go to Midrange/Putter Driver in this bag. Elite Z is more stable and used for slow fading hyzers and straight shots and the ESP is use for turnovers,shots that slowly track right and rollers.

The Champion Roc3 is just for beef and big hyzer shots. Can thread the needle and go straight with power too if I hit the angle right.

Judges are just used as my main putters/approaches and my Zones are used for utilities,forehand approaches,forehands and big hyzers

The XXX is for utilities,crazy skip shots and forehands.

And that is pretty much it. It's a fun little bag for just playing with friends and having a good time. I like going back to this bag when I start to get too serious with my other bag.It's like a breath of fresh air everytime :D
Last edited by UncleBrother2001 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:15 pm

I forgot all about having my Zombee in my bag. I need to add that to the OP.

I do have a question though. I seen some Crystal Z Plastic online. What exactly is the difference between that plastic and regular Z plastic?

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:29 pm

Gonna head out tomorrow with this bag. Supposed to be nice and I am for sure gonna hit the course. I'll probably take my other bag too. :D

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Postby Stringbean » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:57 am

That old song by the Byrds just popped into my head. Let us know how that bag works out for you. I am curious about those discraft fairways.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:13 pm

Stringbean wrote:That old song by the Byrds just popped into my head. Let us know how that bag works out for you. I am curious about those discraft fairways.

The Discraft Stalker is one of my favorite drivers. Throws like a broken in Teebird. I would have this one in my other bag but My P-PD powers down really well.

The Discraft Zombee is a love or hate disc. Even though it says Fairway it's more or less just a tad faster Midrange. Have you ever thrown the Discmania Gremlin. It throws like a well broken in Gremlin. Same with this disc. I would have iit in my other bag as well it's just my Cyclone's are the shiz. Cyclone is probably my favorite driver of all time,just because that is what I threw for a heck of a long time for many years.After trying many fairways and just getting mixed results over the past 2 years me and the Cyclone's have reunited and it feels like i never stopped throwing them.

UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion