JT's Bag 2014

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

JT's Bag 2014

Postby JTdisc » Tue May 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Distance: Mids 250, Drivers 300. 95% forehand thrower.

Putters/Approach
Judge lucid 175 - putter drives
Judge classic hard 175 - push putts, BH approaches
Suspect classic soft 175 - approaches that need to sit
Suspect lucid 170 - most FH approaches

Mids
Verdict lucid 172 - headwinds, crosswinds where the Truth might get knocked around a bit.
Truth lucid 172 - most midrange shots. I can anhyzer for turns or throw flat for straight. If I need a bigger hyzer line I'll throw the Suspect, Verdict or XXX. Love this.
Meteor Z 170 - US mid for hyzerflips that finish with turn and no fade. Also my BH midrange of choice.

Fairway Drivers/Utility Discs
XXX lucid 173 - for big hyzers, extreme winds that need a hyzer finish
Teebird champion 173 - mild headwinds
Teebird star 168 - beating in for straight/US, BH drives.
River gold line 168 - turnovers, rollers

Control/Distance Drivers
FL star 170 - moderate headwinds, FH cut rollers. Thinking about putting in the C-PD in this slot.
Escape fuzion 173 - mild headwinds. Trying it out right now to see if there is a stability difference between fuzion and lucid.
Escape lucid 170 - main driver. This is the disc I use the most off the tee. It gives me my most reliable distance. Can turn a little too much in a headwind though.
Hatchet tournament 167 - US driver for turnovers. Good for big tailwinds. Not really sure if I need this as the Escape can hold a decent anhyzer for a while. With the Hatchet, however, I can throw a little lower line. It's also nice that it has a bit less turn than my River when powered down. Good for rollers too.

I played 2 rounds at a local course last week and actually threw every disc in the bag. I really like having a disc that goes the exact distance I want without having to power down. Some discs feel a little redundant, however, like the Hatchet (but it looks sooo sexy). I like keeping an extra Escape and Teebird around for tournaments in case one gets lost as they are pretty "go-to" discs.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Re: JT's Bag 2014

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Tue May 13, 2014 8:42 pm

A PD would be a lot longer than a FL. It will also have just a tick more glide. The Fade may be about the same,but it's hard for me to remember fully as it's been a long time since I threw a FL

I love PD's as it has the right range that I'm looking for in a Headwind Driver,just easy to control for me. I forehand and backhand mine a lot.
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby JTdisc » Sun May 18, 2014 6:11 am

Discs being auditioned:

Harp for when I need an even shorter Suspect or an OS putter
C-line PD for stiff headwinds and distance
S-line PD for milder headwinds and distance
P-line PD ???
Champion Beast doesn't really want to go further than my Escapes
Gold Line Flow This might be the distance driver that cuts into the Escape's play time
Star Wraith ???
C-line FD slightly less stable Teebird?
S-line FD US control driver to replace the River
Lucid Witness for those times when I want something ridiculously unpredictable and flippy that will go wherever it wants regardless of my throw. Also for hard turning cut rollers that are guaranteed to end up in a ditch, under heavy scrub.
JTdisc
Noob

Postby JTdisc » Mon May 19, 2014 4:26 pm

UncleBrother2001 wrote:A PD would be a lot longer than a FL. It will also have just a tick more glide. The Fade may be about the same,but it's hard for me to remember fully as it's been a long time since I threw a FL

I love PD's as it has the right range that I'm looking for in a Headwind Driver,just easy to control for me. I forehand and backhand mine a lot.

I was thinking that the c-line PD could bump the FL for a headwind driver, but I also have an s-line and p-line. The p is understable out of the box but the s is reasonably stable. How well will these hold up over time and how much wind can I expect them to handle?

Saturday, hole 18 at Clay Park, fluctuating wind that's picking up a bit. The wind appears calm for a bit, so I throw my go-to Lucid Escape, forehand. As it leaves my hand, a big gust of headwind comes up and starts turning it, hard left. Very hard left (RHFH). It ends up in a swamp. I'm talking more than knee-deep muck, practically ruined my day type of swamp. Next time I play that course, I'm throwing the FL regardless of the wind. However there is an OB ditch running perpendicular to the fairway that I need to make across. The Escape usually carries just safely past the ditch, but I'm not sure the FL would. (My XXX would definitely be short). So a slightly longer disc that would be guaranteed not to turn would be cool to carry across that ditch safely and avoid the swamp.
JTdisc
Noob

Postby UncleBrother2001 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:43 pm

I've thought about trying an FD so many times it's not even funny. I've read the C-Line is like a broken in Teebird. The S-Line is just very straight and can be manipulated for a lot of drives. this is for backhand mind you.

That P-Line PD is a good Headwind driver. If you find your Escapes Turning too much,then the P-PD should throw like the Escape does in calmer conditions.

Not trying to tell you what to throw,but I've watched a lot of Pro's throwing Destroyers and PD2's as their main forehand distance disc. It seems to work pretty good for them. I tried it out too and it actually works really good and I'm an ok forehand thrower.
Tern|Beast|PD|Stalker|Truth|Comet|Suspect|Judge|Wizard|Magic

"Driver controls the music,shotgun shuts his cakehole"
UncleBrother2001
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Truth

Postby JTdisc » Tue May 20, 2014 5:43 am

Someday when there's a reasonable wind I'll go to the park across the street and really try out the PDs side by side with the Escape and the FL.

I have a Champ Destroyer that I used to bag but I was getting more reliable shots with the Escape so I put the Destroyer away for a while. I bust it out once every two or three weeks to see if I've improved enough to reliably throw it, but right now I'm just working up the speed chart slowly.
JTdisc
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion