Short video from Lakewood Hills (featuring masterbeato)

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Short video from Lakewood Hills (featuring masterbeato)

Postby masterbeato » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:35 pm

edrift101 wrote:I've got all the stuff we need to do this (cameras, external board with mic, PC for editing, etc...) I'll talk to Johnson about running the second camera and we should start with a 9 or 14 hole course to make the trial run a little easier. Any ideas?

Add in MandShowl and we have a three camera shoot. Teepad, mid-range and basket

that would be pretty sick. we could start at lakewood hills or a course out in St. Cloud to include mandshowI unless he is willing to travel.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby Chadi » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Sounds like fun, let me know when you're thinking of doing that. I'd love to be a part.
Chadi
Noob

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby MandShowI » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:46 pm

well seeing as two of the local courses have holes under water and we are expecting 10-18 inches of snow in the next day or so..id be willing to go down there. plus we'd just be on one course so itd give joe some practice with the additions to the films people have requested. if you guys come up here in say..a month or so we'd most likely have 6 courses to choose from. waite park, millstream(st. joe) the brand new st. agusta course calvary and riverside(st. cloud) and becker.
MandShowI
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Champ Orc/Any Buzzz

Postby Beetard » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:54 pm

What do Dan's discs look like when they're flying? Pretty freaky? Which part can you see, top or bottom?

What kind of sound do they make?
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby masterbeato » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:16 pm

MandShowI wrote:well seeing as two of the local courses have holes under water and we are expecting 10-18 inches of snow in the next day or so..id be willing to go down there. plus we'd just be on one course so itd give joe some practice with the additions to the films people have requested. if you guys come up here in say..a month or so we'd most likely have 6 courses to choose from. waite park, millstream(st. joe) the brand new st. agusta course calvary and riverside(st. cloud) and becker.

i vote for st. augusta since i have never heard of it. what kind of course is it?
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Postby MandShowI » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:31 pm

to be honest..i think 5 people have "played" st agusta.. and about 20 people know its exact location so far. its still being built and designed..tho i do believe it is a tim mackey designed course. so lots and lots and lots and lots of trees..like..more than calvary from the whispers i have heard. i'l keep you updated on it..but no one really knows about it other than a few select people inside the scdg(saint cloud disk golf) organization
MandShowI
Tree Magnet

Postby masterbeato » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:34 pm

ok how about riverside when it opens and wait for a good sunday, since riverside seems to be a well maintained as well as well designed and mixture of holes plus multiple lines to throw on each hole as well.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

masterbeato
lol Z predator

Postby MandShowI » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:40 pm

well i asked about the pins going in at riverside on the st cloud board and the date i got back was sometime in the week of may 18th. but then i was playing with local pro(master level) rick rentz and he said that scdg would try to get them in earlier because calvary has already been over run with people to the point where some tee pads are backed up by 3 groups. soooo..thats up in the air..but i guess we can count on the week of may 18th being the latest. i dunno if u wanna wait that long to come up here even if i head down there..but when it comes to st cloud..im willing to show people around any time( with a little bit of warning)
MandShowI
Tree Magnet

Postby masterbeato » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:01 pm

me and chadi were talking and were thinking about Blue Ribbon Pines due to teh fact that it is one of the most will manicured courses ever, and the beauty of it would be eye candy for our viewers.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

masterbeato
lol Z predator

Postby MandShowI » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:10 pm

thatd work. when?
MandShowI
Tree Magnet

Postby Beetard » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:01 pm

Beetard wrote:What do Dan's discs look like when they're flying? Pretty freaky? Which part can you see, top or bottom?

What kind of sound do they make?

Somebody tell me how super slutty Dan's throws are.
Beetard
DGR Donator '08 & '09

Favorite Disc: XL

Postby MandShowI » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:42 pm

haha sorry B.. uum well from what i can remember and this is no joke ...if you hear a jet over head and you take out the low grumbly part and just keep the higher "ssssshhhhh" noise...yeah..that
MandShowI
Tree Magnet

Postby black udder » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:37 pm

Air displacement.

I've heard it from one guy, a kid, he couldn't throw worth a crap, but he had some sizzle on his throws. I think he was just a rec player out for the day.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Lakewoodhillsdgleague » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:38 pm

What a great looking course!!! We're hoping to get it to 18 by the end of the Summer...Looks pretty promising right now. Sweet shoot and thanks for going to our course MB!!
MN Frisbee Association President

Sign up for the Lakewood Hills Disc Golf League NOW!!!!! Currently splashing chains every Sunday @ 4pm!!!! Open $5 Ams $3

http://www.lakewoodhillsdg.com
lakewoodhillsdgleague@hotmail.com
Lakewoodhillsdgleague
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Crystal Z FLX Buzzz

Postby edrift101 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:53 am

Lakewoodhillsdgleague wrote:What a great looking course!!! We're hoping to get it to 18 by the end of the Summer...Looks pretty promising right now. Sweet shoot and thanks for going to our course MB!!

Looking forward to playing a full 18 at Lakewood! :D
edrift101
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Star TeeBird

PreviousNext

Return to Video Critique