I need help. Max drive ~ 320'. Average drive ~ 270'.

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

I need help. Max drive ~ 320'. Average drive ~ 270'.

Postby anonymouse » Mon May 06, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi everyone.
I've become really frustrated lately with my lack of distance. I'm not a strong guy, but I feel like I should be able to throw at least 400'. My current average distance is probably only around 270', and when I get a decent release, I get to ~320'. My biggest problem in trying to add power is nose up stalls. I've started doing the right pec drill, and today I took some videos trying to incorporate what I've learned there with what I'm already doing. I slowed down my approach as well. I threw all putters, and slowed down the video for better analysis. These all probably traveled between 180 and 200 feet.

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.
anonymouse
Noob

Favorite Disc: star vulcan

Re: I need help. Max drive ~ 320'. Average drive ~ 270'.

Postby seabas22 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:40 pm

You plant way too open. You need to turn your foot/hips/shoulders so they are closed at the plant, so your rear butt cheek is facing more toward the target.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Re: I need help. Max drive ~ 320'. Average drive ~ 270'.

Postby JR » Mon May 06, 2013 9:36 pm

You are not bracing the right leg in the last step, lack the pause, don't twist the hips and shoulders to the right and miss an elbow lead in the arm motion. Each of which adds power. You should try each of these nose angle dropping tricks separately and together: The disc rips out at the same height than it reaches back (you has a slight rise in the arm pull at times), push the wrist down as hard as you can late in arm movement, make the final step short and push hard with the left leg so that you tilt forward instead of upright.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique