Looking forward to your comments - RHBH

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Looking forward to your comments - RHBH

Postby bufr » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 am

Hi to all from Germany!

I've read a lot of the posts and answers in this thread and I like the way, help is given to the ones asking.

So asked a friend to make a video of my backhand shot from the tee of hole 21 in Ostpark/Ruesselsheim (Germany):
[youtube]http://youtu.be/9Nk4tMSh-rA[/youtube] (I hope it's visible for everybody...)

Length of this throw was about 100 meters, aprox. 330 ft., which also is around my max D.
Actually I'm playing my 3rd season and just changed my style after seeing the great "Driving with Dan Beato" video.
In addition to that I worked on my grip a little, to hold the disks more comfortably.

The disk I was throwing in the linked video was a lightweight Halo from Latitude, I guess about 155g.

I really would appreciate your comments, helps and thoughts. In the end it's all about distance :wink: . I've tried a lot of different discs with different weights and just can't get any D out of a disc with more than 170g. I do not know whether it's the timing, the snap, too few body motion/rotation, so your help is really welcome!

And sorry for bad English!

Best regards,
Ben.
bufr
Noob

Favorite Disc: Prodigy D3 350RX

Re: Looking forward to your comments - RHBH

Postby JR » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:33 am

Willkommen. Weil ich bin kein nativsprecher sieht dein Englisch sehr gut in schritt. Leider mein Deutsch is nicht so gut dass ich instruktion gut genug geben kann. Die ganze zeit mindestens. Auf Deutsch es gibt ayoutube kanal luma und er ist hier auch. Er hat super schnell gelernt und nach ein jahr hat zweite platz in DM 2013 genommen.

Bevor schneller laufen es ist gut balanz halten lernen mit länger zuruck kein umlaut in Finnisch Android entschuldigung scheibe bringen. Ich meine die scheibe so weit weg von das ziel zu bringen wie möglich bevor der wurf. Der mittelkörper soll nach rechts ööö wenden? Turn right from the hips. Noch weiter rechts von die schultern. Und schneller arm akzeleration? In die ende.

Nach balanz und sekvenz von bewegung von alle körperteile wirkt mit lang zuruckbewegung von der arm dann wird schneller schritt helfen.

Am schnellsten kann man mehr distantz haben mit besser passende scheiben. Wie 16x Beast aber nicht dx oder blizzard die werken nicht. Roller scheiben. Vielleicht Fury, River, Archon, hoch plh King usw.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby bufr » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:37 am

Hi JR,
thanks a lot for your comments, espacially as you gave them in German, what I really appreciate!
I try to repeat, what I learned from your critiques so far:
- At first, I should extend my reach back. I will try this, keeping special attention to remaining balanced.
- Then my throw should start more from my lower body, turning the hips faster to the right and accelerate my arm more into the throw.
- When this all works out and has got the right timing, I could accelerate my steps, building up more momentum from the faster move.

Can I compare it like this? I should use my body as a "spring loaded throwing device" :-).
That means that I try to "coil up" with my reach back, bringing tension first to my lower, then to my upper body.
At the point of maximum tension, I release the "spring" to uncoil, starting from the legs via hips to the upper body. In the end, when the disk travels through the powercenter close to my pec, all energy is guided into my right arm, that reacts like a whip. Important: just loose muscles are fast muscles...
I'm sorry, I have to think in pictures to make sure, I understand everything :-)

Additionally I found the Channel you recommended and allready looked up some of the videos.
I will also try to get discs fitting to my throwing style.

When I start improving from your tips I will try to post some more videos.

So again thank you very much for now.
bufr
Noob

Favorite Disc: Prodigy D3 350RX

Postby JR » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:00 am

Kein problem und bitte weitere videos shicken. Ich wurde sagen, dass es ist nicht nur schneller mit körper nach rechts wenden, sondern wenden mindestens ein wenig. Ich sah kein eigentlich wenden von weiss nicht was hips heisst auf Deutsch. Zuerst brauchst du wenden haben bevor die geschwindigkeit wird mehr wichtig. Man sieht oft leute die versuchen so schnell wenden dass ihr sequenz und die zeit wenn alle bewegungen sollen passieren verändert so dass sie verlieren balanz und kraft. So jezt heisst es mehr um reinig technik als die höchste möglichste geschwindigkeit. Es wird kommen später mit gut technik.

Ich bin einverstanden mit dein physik verständnis. Weiss nicht was catapult heisst auf Deutsch, aber trebuchet typ catapults haben einige ideen zusammen mit werfen. I can not explain in German but the sling on the pole adds a lot of power just like the wrist moving relative to the forearm. The idea is to get closer to an uniterrupted kinetic chain that can not happen with the arm locked straight like a pole. So the elbow needs to create an arc that is as wide as the straight arm arc eventually but keeping the weight of the arm closer to the body like a figure skater doing the fast pirouette.

The wrist needs to arc too from plyomatric loading then extension. So both the elbow and the wrist movements stretch the tendons and muscles at first and then both shoot faster straight than is possible with the muscle power alone. So you are correct about the spring system.

I have not done much finger spring or straightening training because my distance grip has the fingers fairly straight already. But it seems likely that some can push the rim of the disc in a drive just like in a putt.

The disc itself arcs around the thumb index finger pinch point too.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique