Hyzer flip and disc movement question...

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Hyzer flip and disc movement question...

Postby Fightingthetide » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm using a flippy Champ Beast and a DX Teebird for tunnel shots. Basically, what it comes down to is learning the angles needed to get your disc to hold a straight line for most of the flight. You can do this with a stable disc like a Sword or PD if kept low, but I prefer an understable disc kept low and hyzerflipped because they are less susceptible to fade too soon. It's all preference in the end. Use what works.

BTW - glad to hear you are doing field work and not just dorking out on the physics of disc flight :lol: trust me, it's easy to do.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:50 am

Control is hard to learn at full power and long holes because in order to get enough distance to have a birdie chance you're pushing beyond controlled and repeatable power generation. Especially in tunnels with as hard fading disc as the Sword. Beast needs less power to stay straighter. Nuke to 380' in a tunnel is asking a lot for a 400' open field thrower. As in no way it is a control shot any more at that distance. That distance takes a lot of nuttage and the Nuke is very demanding for tunnels. The Sword is in between the Nuke and the Sword in power requirement, fade and the difficulty of controlling the disc for proper angles and staying straight long enough.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Simeon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:53 am

pask2155 wrote:I guess here's my question so with a 12 speed disk if I throw it as a speed 13 will it fade to the right more than a -1 when released flat?

Hi to everybody!

Here's my answer:
I am afraid I can not throw 12 speed disk at 13 speed. But let me tell how I see my dx Teebird flying.

When I throw it to 50m..ups...164' , with good spin, it will go straight with a fade in the end.
Then I throw it faster and it will start turning right with a fade in the end, 230'.
When I throw it still faster it will turn more with hardly any fade before crashing down, 300'.
-Timo
Simeon
Noob

Previous

Return to Technique