Bradley Walker snap video

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bradley Walker snap video

Postby Rogue9 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGGYsSU ... el&list=UL

When he is talking about his grip, pinching with his index and thumb, is he pinching the flight plate? or rim?

** edit, I suppose I should have posted to his video thread. Mod can move it if you so please.
Rogue9
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Axis

Re: Bradley Walker snap video

Postby seabas22 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Index and thumb and the flight plate is between them.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby JR » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:58 am

Feldy teaches people to grip the rim with the ring and middle fingers at least in the modified power grip. And through the flight plate at least with the base of the thumb and the index finger and i am not sure but possibly both directions between the thumb and the index finger. Just in which variation and strength for each finger he uses i don't know because he didn't go into that with so much detail. He used the terms north south and east west direction when he was describing gripping both the rim and through the vertical parts of the disc. I don't recall if he said anything about gripping north-south through the wing or the flight plate or both. Nor do i know of his ideas for each finger.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Star Shark » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:38 pm

This is an old video but it sums up borg's grip.

-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby JR » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 am

He didn't go into where thre is pressure and into which direction and at which part of the throw. I think many top players grip tight early on. They have enough distance to not worry about too little arm speed. Or rather inefficient use of the arm muscles.

In his clinic here he mentioned the 80/20 rule for putts and drives and how they are opposite. That still does not address what individual fingers do tightness and direction wise.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Technique