disc golf for dummies

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

disc golf for dummies

Postby LuckyEagle405 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:35 am

So since iv started playing disc golf iv found this site infinitely useful. You guys have taught me the essentials.so I thought I would.start a thred for everyone to post there favorite instructional videos. Or post the advice that's helped you the most developing your game.include videos and advice for grip,footing,snap,putting,form, etc. I'm trying to make a go to thred for beginners lookings to learn the basics.
Last edited by LuckyEagle405 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grip it and Rip it
LuckyEagle405
Noob

Favorite Disc: Truth

Re: disc golf for dummies

Postby JR » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:43 pm

I think something like this has been attempted before. Blake and others have noticed the same questions being repeated over and over again so a frequently asked questions part would be nice. Compiling it is a chore and i volunteered to do that if i get to big snap territory. Just shy of that distance wise with the best mid tosses worlds apart with drivers so far. I have come across many repeated issues in the course of doing video critiques. I'd like to get something done eventually because it would help in not having to type as much over and over again. At this point i lack the experience to throw to 500' but it is funny that giving advice to others has helped a few to get there. Nevertheless i don'f think i have everything down yet to be able to give accurate advice on everything.

There's also the matter of different forms. Unlike many i've tried several things but my injuries might be clouding some results and biasing conclusions. Still i think i have a more open mind than many toward different forms and based on the ones i've gotten to work some i can give pros and cons to them. That is accurate enough for video critique because in the end everyone is different and they need to experiment what works for them. Typing out the gospel of do this everything else is inferior for everyone is beyond my level of knowledge and experience. If there even exists such a form that would be the best for everyone.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Technique