disc hooking

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

disc hooking

Postby discgolfrocks » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:56 am

suddenly now when I throw rhbh the disc gets hung on my index finger and goes way right
discgolfrocks
Noob

Favorite Disc: Innova

Re: disc hooking

Postby luma » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Either you're slowing down at the release point, which means you're accelerating too fast and too quick and can't create snap which either leaves the disc in your hand or lets it slip out way early.
Or you just have your wrist angled in a wrong way during release. I'll have to take my favorite disc golf vide EVER to show you (if you have any problems related to your form, THIS is the video to watch, you can always learn something from one of those guys). In this case, look what happens to Koling's (left bottom) arm/wrist angle and how it changes during release. If you don't at least rotate your forearm a little like he does there, chances are the disc might get stuck on your index finger.

luma
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis all day long

Postby JR » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Unclean releases especially with tall discs and improper finger orientation in the grip may cause grip locks but the most common issue is pulling the arm before the last step lands. Followed by not pulling close to the rigyt side of the body. If you reach back left and the disc rips out on the right side of the body it will not help.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby logjammin » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:30 am

I used to have that problem with putters. So I stopped using "putters" and I putt with a Kite now.
logjammin
Noob

Favorite Disc: Cheetah

Postby JR » Tue May 13, 2014 12:06 am

That is one tall disc. Have you seen a Wedge, XD, Spike and the somewhat taller Warden and Pure? I do not have release issues in putting until i get to taller lid like Rattler territory but do have issues with drives with less tall discs than the Rattler. Unless i throw with a single finger grip which risks slips and worse hurts my overwork induced achy outer joint of the index finger. Work interfering with hobby..

I had somehow missed the latest reply so sorry for the late response.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to General Discussion