Pro Leopard vs. Millenium Polaris LS

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Pro Leopard vs. Millenium Polaris LS

Postby KRooster » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Has anyone done direct comparisons of the following:

Polaris LS (base Millennium plastic) vs. Pro Leopard

Polaris LS (base Millennium plastic) vs. Star Leopard

How do they compare? I'm interested in how they fly when new, range as well as high and low speed stability.

I throw DX Leopards for understable fairway driver slot, and Millennium Polaris LS for straight fairway driver slot, but am wondering if I can get by with just one mold for both. I'm also wondering if the Star Leo is stable enough to use as a headwind/OS fairway driver (considering my low power level), normally I throw DX Gazelle for headwind/OS fairway driver.

For reference, I averaged around 330' with distance drivers a few years ago, haven't played as much since then but let's assume I can work back up to a similar speed throw.
Pure/Jokeri Meteor/BuzzzSS/Buzzz/Wasp Xpress/FD/Teebird Roadrunner/OrionLS/OrionLF/PD
KRooster
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: Pro Leopard vs. Millenium Polaris LS

Postby discspeed » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:45 pm

I think the Polaris and Leo are very different discs. The Leo is slower, has much more glide (especially when flying turned over), and wants to fly on curves while never really locking onto a line. The Polaris flies ok on hyzer and really well flat, but once it gets turned a bit it's done. It drops out of the sky once it's on a anhyzer angle much like a Buzzz (square nose/mildly concave wing). So it's good for hyzer flip to straight or shots that mimic a FH shot thrown BH. A beat M Polaris is pretty useless for anyone except a child or beginner...It's not a good turnover disc. The Leo will never point, shoot, and lock on straight like a fresh LS though.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Pro Leopard vs. Millenium Polaris LS

Postby JR » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:08 am

Star Leo is the only one that can handle slight headwinds but still it is not a good disc for that.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Equipment