Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby dgdave » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:53 pm

I got just got one of the opaque pink md2s and man it feels great. Can't wait to toss this bitch.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Fightingthetide » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:01 pm

dgdave wrote:I got just got one of the opaque pink md2s and man it feels great. Can't wait to toss this bitch.

You are welcome. Hope you enjoy it.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Pink opaque gummy flat C? Those things are SWEET.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Mike C » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:54 am

Someone give me a low down on the DD? Poked around in this thread but didn't see much.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby discspeed » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Mike C wrote:Someone give me a low down on the DD? Poked around in this thread but didn't see much.

It's a Wraith with the PD/Discmania top...When I tested the SDDs they flew like some sort of Wraith/Teerex hybrid. They did not go quite as far as a Wraith for me, but were probably more predictable in their flight action. Basically a good disc, but one with a hell of a lot of good competition out there. It's bound to be the right disc for some people. My biggest issue with them personally was how flat the first runs of SDDs are...I think if I got a domey one it may be as good or better than the Wraith. I'm looking forward to testing them in C plastic, but we don't have them yet.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby zj1002 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Falls in between a wraith/teerex. The S-DD's are all over the place in stability/glide. The first run stamped ones were like throwing stable wraiths that had no glide. The P-DD is a crusher. The current S-DD came out really nice and flies just a notch more stable than a wraith. But once my broke in, it was essentially a wraith. same flight/distance for the most part. It is the type of disc that I wish Millennium had in their lineup(to compliment the astra)

the DD really gets overlooked in the Discmania lineup for some reason. it is a good disc
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby discspeed » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Wow those posts are similar... :lol:
discspeed

Postby jubuttib » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:37 pm

A more stable Wraith, sort of like a TeeRex/Wraith hybrid. =)

But yeah, it's mainly that, S-DD is a slightly more overstable Star Wraith. All the runs I've seen apart from the first two runs came out nice and domey, those are great. They start out more controllable and reliable than Wraiths, and beat into Wraithy goodness before you're done, so you get the best of both. The flat ones don't glide for crap and are just plain sucky discs, avoid them. The P-Lines really do bomb, and are essentially more stable Pro Wraiths. These also beat in really well, and from what I've seen take well to tuning. Pink ones are yummy.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Mike C » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Cool. I threw a 175 SDD once and it flipped up from hyzer and cruised forward perfectly flat before the fade kicked in a few hundred feet later. Felt real nice and controlled. I have a 171 SDD on the way, hoping it flies good for me. Haven't found a distance driver that I've really clicked with. OLF has been the fastest thing in my bag pretty much since I put them in my bag over a year ago.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Postby discspeed » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Mike C wrote:Cool. I threw a 175 SDD once and it flipped up from hyzer and cruised forward perfectly flat before the fade kicked in a few hundred feet later. Felt real nice and controlled. I have a 171 SDD on the way, hoping it flies good for me. Haven't found a distance driver that I've really clicked with. OLF has been the fastest thing in my bag pretty much since I put them in my bag over a year ago.

Must try Sword.
discspeed

Postby jubuttib » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:57 pm

Sword is indeed a good option too. Very workable.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Mike C » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:54 am

Happy with the S-DD I got. Been throwing it for my longest throws pretty consistently when going for big D. IF anyone wants to get rid of some send me a PM.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Postby MDP » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Picked up a pretty blue 175g S-GM today to hold me over until my ambassador stuff arrives in mid October. I've been loosing Rocs like crazy this year...It's got a nice dome to it and I think the rim will be more friendly to flicks than Rocs. I'm excited to test it out after work. I really like throwing mids so I'm hoping this will give me a bit more distance to work with.

Is it just me or does Discmania plastic feel better than it's Innova equivalents?
PD2 | DD | PD | TD | MD2 | P2 | P1
MDP
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Flick4D » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:52 pm

MDP wrote:Is it just me or does Discmania plastic feel better than it's Innova equivalents?

The C-PD2 I have definitely feels better than most champion plastic I've felt.
Flick4D
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Star Destroyer

Postby Joz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Flick4D wrote:
MDP wrote:Is it just me or does Discmania plastic feel better than it's Innova equivalents?

The C-PD2 I have definitely feels better than most champion plastic I've felt.

Meh, I don't think the difference in plastic is that great, unless you can come across some of the really sweet tacky Freak S-PDs. Those are bad ass, and fly the same as the First Run Anhyzer Top PDs. Besides that, honestly I think the last tasty Innova plastic I've fondled is that of the first run CFR C-PDs. My C-Line PD2s, DD2s, TDs, and PDs (reg run) seem fairly comparable to recent Champ Destros and Bosses I've won. Can't comment too much on S-Line / Star; not too much of that around these parts.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment