Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby turso » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:54 pm

I don't think the plastic's that different either on champ vs c-line. I like Innova's Pro more than P-line from discmania.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby jubuttib » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:02 pm

I like the stiffer and more opaque Pro blends that seem to be more common with Innova stuff better than the blends of P-Line I've seen yet, but then again my P-DD's and Pro Destroyers are the same exact blend, even the same exact hue. I hope there will be some of those stiffer Pros available for P-MD2's in the future, the Millennium Aurora MS I got is the same type of stiffer Pro my old Pro Leopard is made out of and feels sublime.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby himynameismatt » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:40 pm

I agree about the Pro blend. My DDs and Destroyers are a very similar blend with big domes. All my PPd's on the other hand were super stiff and just didn't fly like I expected Pro plastic to.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby xare » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:48 pm

I don't mind the P blends on the PD as that's the only disc (and driver) that I have that plastic in. I definitely like the other Pro blends from Innova though - especially the original SL run in Pro and the Omega AP 1.11 blend is starting to grow on me. I definitely would like to see a PD in R-Pro though. Seriously. I like R-Pro.
Ridge § Omega SS § Classic Cobra § Roc § Sentinel § Leopard § Teebird § Sidewinder § PD § Firebird
xare
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Classic Cobra

Postby jubuttib » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:18 am

BTW, I have three P-PD's in the same blend as my P-DD's and Destroyers, and those things are kick ass. 169, 172 and 175, all started out equally stable and the lighter ones just seasoned faster. The max weight white one is still (after much use) nice and stable, flying like a speed 9 Eagle-X with just a bit of turn and a nice fade. On the other hand I have three DGR P-PD's and one non-DGR P-PD in the stiffer, slicker, shinier P blend, and while those feel good, they beat in way faster and don't really fly like expected.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby MDP » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:59 am

The S-GM I picked up is surprisingly overstable.

175g teal/blue with a nice dome to it. More overstable than the new KC Rocs I've thrown. Not real resistant to OAT though (similar to a Roc). I'm curious to see how this breaks in.
PD2 | DD | PD | TD | MD2 | P2 | P1
MDP
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby turso » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:16 pm

If it's anything like the overstable s-gm's I've seen it breaks in FAST and gains a bit of flip with nice fade finish.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby jubuttib » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:20 am

Yeah, I've thrown some S-GM's that started out almost Drone overstable, but in a week or two they beat into your average S-GM.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby maskedavenger » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:48 am

I know this has been revisited a number of times, but haven't really found a proper list, just snippets here and there

Could someone with too much time on their hands maybe do a quick writeup on the Discmania discs as to which Innova molds they have pieces of, and if possible, in what order were they introduced (years if possible)? I know there are a number of Discmania experts here.

Kinda like so:
MD1 - original mold? (year???)
PD - anhyzer top + Firebird wing (year???)

Available plastics can be found at www.discmania.net

Just a Discmania freak (pun intended) craving for info... Thx!
maskedavenger
Noob

Postby maskedavenger » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:47 am

Answer to self (after a little more looking around) - for approval dates look here: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDG ... 081411.pdf

Then add the bottom parts from Innova molds:

CD - Viking, Mar '07
DD - Wraith, Aug '08
DD2 - Katana. Aug '10
PD - Firebird, Jul '08
PD2 - Xcaliber, Dec '10
TD - Roadrunner, Apr '10

GM = Gremlin (both bottom and top)

MD1 = original? Nov '06
MD2 = original? Apr '10

P1 = beadless Aviar = Omega (both bottom and top) Mar '07
P2 = orginal? Mar '07

Amirite? However, the approval dates and release dates for mass production do not always jibe 1:1, both putters were approved at the same time, but wasn't the P2 released much later?
maskedavenger
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:07 am

P1 = Beadless Aviar P&A (Omega is a Small Bead)
P2 = Beadless bottom, Aviar-X nose, possibly a spacer to go along with it.

MD1 = Roc or Cobra top? One of the blunter ones anyway. Bottom looks very similar to my Shark but the Shark has a strange notch in the middle of the wing that to my understanding shouldn't be there. Possibly some Sentinel parts? Haven't seen one of those personally, maybe a Millennium guy could chime in.
MD2 = Aurora MS wing, the first run P-MD2's also had Aurora MS top, but the premiums and currently every MD2 has a different top, giving it a blunter nose. +mold core.
GM = Gremlin

(All drivers currently have the Anhyzer top)
CD = Currently Viking wing. The First Runs had a different top and a blunter nose, and from what I have on hand they also seem to have the Valk wing.
TD = Roadrunner wing, some tweaks (wider rim at least), one run had +mold cores.
PD = Firebird wing, some tweaks, protos had the same top as the First Run CD's. One run had +mold cores.
PD2 = XCaliber wing, some tweaks (a wider rim at least)
DD = Wraith wing.
DD2 = Katana wing.

EDIT: Correction, you're definitely right about the Craze CD having the Viking wing, at least mine does. It definitely has the bulge in the wing that can be seen in the profile image of the 2009 Innova catalogue. But to add to the mess, I'm certain I've seen Valkyries with that wing in stores, even in this year. And to add to it even more, my First Run CD's (2 max weight S, 2 max weight D) don't have that bulge and look like straight up Valkyrie wings. Did they change both mold pieces? Edited original post.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby zj1002 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:20 am

well the MD2 is actually from the stingray. and only the latest run of Aurora MS has the micro bead after they changed the stingray bottom. I am curious to see how new runs of the MS mold turn out and if they have the bead
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby jubuttib » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:17 am

Did not know that. Had one to compare my MD2's to, Stingray bottom it is indeed. Any idea what the new blunter top is?
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby new013 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:52 am

and the mystery is solved, i've been wondering what the wing was ever since i got it. no you sleuths find out what the top is.
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby Trey133 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:00 am

Jbuttib,

Might I ask you some questions.

So I got my stash from Discmania and I was looking at/feeling/fondling all the discs. I got some questions for you on the MD2's please.

So I have -
1) 3 USDGC C-MD2's (these are the flat first runs in that nice gripply plastic) Start out pretty stable and then break into what I would like to call a fast seasoned shark.
2) 2 Production C-MD2's (1 Yellow 176 flat, 1 Orange 176 Domed) - Could you let me know the differences between the flat and domed? I've only ever thrown flat C-MD2's
3) 2 Production S-MD2's (1 Yellow 176 Domed, 1 Orange 176 Domed) - Could you let me know the differences between the domed C-line MD2's and the domed S-Line MD2's
4) 1 Christmas Stamped P-MD2 (Orange 180, very very small dome) - This one is nice and almost comet like, just faster. Holds all lines, but now pops up from hyzer if thrown hard (she's used)

Tell me what you think. I'd like to get some of these in the bag soon before my next tournament in less than 2 weeks.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment