Legacy Ghosts, what do you think of them ?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Legacy Ghosts, what do you think of them ?

Postby lion » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:03 am

Here are a few pictures of a few Legacy 1st run ghosts and an experimental ghost. What do you think of the stamp, plastics, review if you have thrown them. Let me know, I have a bunch of these and I want some feedback. Are you interested in one, would you buy one and which one. thanks

xmas ghosts

xmas ghosts by jrcav1_17, on Flickr

experimental ghost

ghost metallic experimental by jrcav1_17, on Flickr

yellow ghost (feels and looks just like dayglo 2nd run ce plastic)

ghost by jrcav1_17, on Flickr
lion
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: True CE Spider

Re: Legacy Ghosts, what do you think of them ?

Postby BLURR » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:40 am

I've only had a chance to throw a 177g red a couple of times. It was a solid midrange. Very straight stable.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby MR. WICK » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:52 am

Can you post a profile pic?
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby BLURR » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:01 am

Maybe Lion can. The Ghost I threw was my friends. I am definitely in the market to get on though as I could see it replacing my beat to snot buzzz in the bag.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby Pwingles » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:06 am

In profile to me it is really similar to the star sannys, not domey really but maybe a slightly higher profile than a sanny.
Im testing a yellow 180 identical to the yellow above.

This will not replace your beat buzzz. Maybe in the baseline plastic or if it were itself super beat but not out of the box.
Imo it flies like a beefy buzzz and feels like a star roc. In this plastic as you would assume it has less glide than a base/midgrade plastic, it has plenty of hss and lss.
So far my experience is that it likes to be thrown very hard with a bit of hyzer. I was getting 350 ish throws, 12 - 15 ft up on a rope with a nice fade.

It doesnt respond well to finesse throws, or powered down shots.

On a flat powered up release it will hold a turn and not flip, but on annys it flies like a buzzz(poop) fights too hard or flips over, could be that i just havent found the sweet spot yet though.

I threw it alongside a 09 nate doss champ rancho, newer dx rancho, newer Z buzzz, and a new ti buzz. Not as OS as a good non + champ roc, similar glide and fade. Slower than a buzzz, similar glide more fade.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby BLURR » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:14 pm

That's odd...the one I threw wasn't all that worn...and flew really straight. It reminded me of a flatter heavy z-comet.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby Pwingles » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:07 pm

I am curious about the PLH on my tester now, i need another to compare to. Mine would def. never be confused for a more stable comet
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BLURR » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 am

So, I got in two Icon Ghosts. One is yellow, 178g and champystar feeling. The other is white, 180g and star feeling. These two fly nothing like the red one I got to throw a few weeks back. These two are super beefy. The white one flies like a drone and the yellow is similar to a Star Sanny.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby Ryan C » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:13 pm

That's not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping grab one to try something slightly slower and more beefy than a Buzzz, but not way more beefy, or way less beefy... Oh well. :thumbdown:
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Pwingles » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:03 pm

its slower in the sense that a roc is slower than a buzz, id say its the same speed as a roc or very close. From what i can tell about Legacy's products they have a bit of a consistency problem mold to mold, plastic to plastic, color to color, so i wouldnt be surprised if the descriptions conflicting with mine were also accurate in their own accounts and testing.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JHern » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:00 am

We picked up a 1st run white 178g Icon Ghost that is simply awesome! Beefy, but also glidey. It likes to be thrown with just a "thought of anhyzer" and it flexes slowly and nicely with lots of hang time. At full power it goes dead straight. I can finesse it very nicely at slow speeds, too, had great fun playing catch at 80' distance. As it beats in, I think it will become an even more amazing.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby chainsmoker » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:41 am

I've been throwing a super stiff yellow Icon Ghost and and a yellow Excell Ghost for a few rounds and I find the Excell version to fly in between a good dx Roc and an 11x Roc. I've been Cycling dx Rocs for years and I dropped this Excell Ghost in the place of my freshest Roc and really don't feel like I'm changing a thing. The Excell Ghost feels like good dx plastic, pretty stiff with nice grip, and the same type of moderate dome I look for in a Roc.
The Icon Ghost is a little faster and really only likes to be thrown hard. I never really got into to premium Rocs and I feel the same way about the Icon Ghost. I thought I might keep the Icon in the bag if it was really durable but after a few tree hits the disc has a little nick in the plastic corresponding to each hit.
Since the weather is bad I'm going to play some rounds with 1 Ghost and 1 Roc and see how they compare when thrown back to back on the same shot.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JHern » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:03 pm

I've thrown a ton of these. The first run white Ghost is money, amazing glide, and flies a relatively straight pattern if released with the tiniest touch of anhyzer. Later runs are OK, they need a little while to beat in. I would recommend going for less than max weight, probably 170-175, to get a less beefy version...the max weights can fly like blunt chunks of plastic sometimes.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby smarkquart » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:23 pm

My best ones are the Icon first run yellows. They are a little beefy at first, but once you learn to trust them and season them a little, they straighten out. I team it up with a Z Hornet, ESP Meteor, and Neutron Axis (for controlled turns) and I have everything covered. For me they fly like a seasoned Star San Marino Roc. I like my mids in the harder, premium plastic because this is the slot I rely on the most and I would prefer they stay in the sweet spot longer. For better or worse, I am not the type of player who likes to have multiple stages of wear in my bag; I just do not have the patience for it.

However, I am not totally sold on the Axis for the role I have it in the bag for. In the back of my mind I am always tempted to throw back in my Star Ontario Rocs. I have two that are perfectly what I want for that slot, but of the other six I have owned over the years, these are the only two Star Ontario Rocs that I have liked. I would hate to lose something that I cannot easily replace. So, as much as I do not like the idea of lower grade plastic in terms of how quickly they beat, there is the temptation of taking a Gravity Ghost and beating that in.

Finally statement though, the Ghost is a great mid.
smarkquart
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Depends on the month

Postby chainsmoker » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:59 pm

How well do the Icon Ghosts take tree hits and such?
I'll keep you posted how the Excell Ghosts break in, I think the Gravity Ghosts would break in pretty fast.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Next

Return to Equipment