Discmania

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania

Postby MDP » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:36 pm

Wooo!

Package arrived today. Got some sweet Discmania shorts, two shirts, and a bunch of discs. Mostly S-Lines. I'm super excited about the D-P2s. Wish they were a bit more stiff, but the plastic feels great and I'm not a true push putter so I can handle a little flex.

No P-MD2s or P-PDs unfortunately, but I really like the feel of the S-MD2s (especially the orange swirly one) they sent and as long as they hold anhyzers I'm set (I can flick mids pretty well so I don't usually need big turnover shots).

Now I need to read through the TD and CD threads...
PD2 | DD | PD | TD | MD2 | P2 | P1
MDP
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jubuttib » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:58 am

MDP wrote:No P-MD2s or P-PDs unfortunately, but I really like the feel of the S-MD2s (especially the orange swirly one) they sent and as long as they hold anhyzers I'm set (I can flick mids pretty well so I don't usually need big turnover shots).
Might take a bit of seasoning, but it'll do it eventually.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Trey133 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:50 am

Shorts! Nice!

I'm jealous!

Also, Picked up a clear C-MD2 with a milky white rim. Super gummy middle, extra sharp flashing, not completely flat but little dome. I haven't felt this plastic yet with the production CMD2s but I like it. Very grippy and sturdy towards the rim. Looks like it'd be a good compliment to my beat in usdgc md2.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby maskedavenger » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:54 pm

maskedavenger wrote:Answer to self (after a little more looking around) - for approval dates look here: http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/PDG ... 081411.pdf

Then add the bottom parts from Innova molds:

CD - Viking, Mar '07
DD - Wraith, Aug '08
DD2 - Katana. Aug '10
PD - Firebird, Jul '08
PD2 - Xcaliber, Dec '10
TD - Roadrunner, Apr '10

GM = Gremlin (both bottom and top)

MD1 = original? Nov '06
MD2 = original? Apr '10

P1 = beadless Aviar = Omega (both bottom and top) Mar '07
P2 = orginal? Mar '07

Amirite? However, the approval dates and release dates for mass production do not always jibe 1:1, both putters were approved at the same time, but wasn't the P2 released much later?

Last year we got 4 new molds. What is the current rumor, which types of DM discs are we to expect in the future, and what will be the timeframe? (any chance to get a new mold in Santa's bag of toys? Or must we wait till springtime, when it's much nicer to throw anyway?) And most importantly, will it have another controversial monster stamp on it and what will it be called?

Speculate away.
maskedavenger
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:24 pm

The CD currently has the Viking wing, but the FR's had a more constant curvature wing, probably from the Valkyrie. MD2 has the current small beaded wing from the Stingray. First runs had the same top and wing as the current Aurora MS, but were +molds, the current top is different. Omegas are small beads (at least all the ones I've ever seen), not beadless. P2 is a beadless Aviar wing with the bulkier Aviar-X top.

I can see four different molds they could come up with to fill up the gaps. In order of my assumed likelihoods they'd be a fairway driver (FD1. They could come up with a couple of these actually), a real understable driver (TD2 or perhaps a P-TD), a more overstable putter (P3) and a truly overstable mid (MD3).
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby x-out » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:40 pm

I can see four different molds they could come up with to fill up the gaps. In order of my assumed likelihoods they'd be a fairway driver

I'm putting my eggs all in one basket and saying it will be a Fairway Driver. The two letter designation being FD or CD2. Mythical creature name..no clue??
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Innova is the one with the mythical creatures. Discmania usually has mental states (frenzy, craze, hysteria, rush), character types (fiend, psycho, maniac, freak), state of affairs (chaos) and the one legacy creature, gremlin.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby maskedavenger » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:44 am

Yes! Bring on the CD2 fairway driver, or TD2 the turning driver that really turns. Call it "Miasma" (rhymes with Meresmaa" and put this guy on it:
:lol: :mrgreen: :oops:
maskedavenger
Noob

Postby turso » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:40 am

yeah, it might rhyme with Meresmaa if you're pronouncing Meresmaa like shit :)
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby zj1002 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:42 am

so has anyone been throwing the C-DD?

curious how it stacks up to the S and P lines

and Trey I have seen those C-MD2s. We had 2 at Disc Nation. I am really tempted to grab one. They feel awesome. I know we also have some old mold S-MD2 with the MS top(shark). The CFR C-MD2 is definitely never leaving my bag. I started throwing flat again(had gotten back into hyzer flipping) and it is such a great compliment to the CE QMS. Still not sold on the super stable dayglow stock C-MD2, because it overlaps with my sentinel(which can actually hold a pure spike hyzer)
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby maskedavenger » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:46 am

turso wrote:yeah, it might rhyme with Meresmaa if you're pronouncing Meresmaa like shit :)

Yes, that is the way the American commentators have a way of putting it. :P
maskedavenger
Noob

Postby maskedavenger » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:12 am

Correction. Those were only the approval dates I was looking at, and the PD2 wasn't released until January, so that makes it 3 discs in 2010 and 1 in 2011. Be that as it may, we want more, and we want it NOW! :)
maskedavenger
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:59 am

maskedavenger wrote:Correction. Those were only the approval dates I was looking at, and the PD2 wasn't released until January, so that makes it 3 discs in 2010 and 1 in 2011. Be that as it may, we want more, and we want it NOW! :)
I'd rather have them keep things as they are, releasing new discs only every now and then, but only good ones, instead of going the Innova route.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Loop » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:55 pm

jubuttib wrote:I can see four different molds they could come up with to fill up the gaps. In order of my assumed likelihoods they'd be a fairway driver (FD1. They could come up with a couple of these actually), a real understable driver (TD2 or perhaps a P-TD), a more overstable putter (P3) and a truly overstable mid (MD3).

I doubt they'll be making a more understable driver, since the D-TD is freakishly understable already. Or atleast beats into one, after 5 throws...unless you're throwing it in space.

I´m hoping for an overstable...r putter or mid. 8)
P1|P2|rhy|MD2|roc3|FD|FB|TD|PD|PD2
Loop
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FR D-P2

Postby jubuttib » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Loop wrote:I doubt they'll be making a more understable driver, since the D-TD is freakishly understable already.
Too much so, pretty much. They get thrashed in an instant. =)

A P-TD would probably be a good compromise.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment